Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Let your light shine

I've been struggling a lot lately with the future. My heart is set on following God where ever he calls me, but I think this worries my parents. I want to forget about worldly pride and earthly lusts, and focus on Godly acts.

My being in Austin was the first real step in my adult spiritual walk with God. My act of obedience has led me to a new life that is full of so much joy and challenges I have never faced before. My calling here is pretty simple, to show people the glory that is our Lord. One day during quiet time when I had been really coming down hard on myself God gave me such wonderful confirmation on what I was supposed to be doing.

Let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven
Matthew 5:16

Since I rebooted, so to speak, and strengthened my relationship with God, he has yet to fail in showing me confirmation. As soon as the enemy begins to attack and creep into my good mood, God shows himself to me and gives me such courage and passion to continue. I really feel like that scripture portrays what I, as a person on earth, want to accomplish. If God could allow me to do that for even just one person, I truly believe that I would have lived a life with a fraction of meaning. He is my heavenly father and I want the whole world to know of his glory even if that means pursuing a future that is not viewed as successful in worldly terms.




1 comment:

  1. Shaq!! I love love love you and miss miss miss you so incredibly much!! You (and this blog) are such an encouragement to me. Let's see eachother real soon! K?!

    ReplyDelete